 Off-Topic / Fun / 8408
Re: You know what annoys me?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 15:23:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Scott Arthur writes:
You remember the Ad. You talk about it. Its works.

Not if the goal is to sell product.

I never buy whatever product that Snuggles bear represents.  As far as
branding goes I guess they can think of themselves as having successfully
made me remember a product I never buy. Weeee!

  Precisely!  I made a deliberate effort not to purchase Taco Bell products
while they had that awful spokesdog because the commercials annoyed me so
much.

Now you have went and told be the brand name. ;)

Scott A

A memorable ad campaign is only successful if it motivates a consumer
to purchase the advertised product.  If an ad inspires me *not* to buy that
product, I'd say it failed (and, of course, I'm the most important consumer!)

    Dave!