 Off-Topic / Fun / 8432
Re: You know what annoys me?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 22:49:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:
Free market arguments aside, I don't particularly care for the
ever-increasing presence of ads for prescription drugs.  "Ask your doctor
about ZibFlib--we won't tell you what it does, but ask your doctor about it
anyway."
However, I'm amused at how many of these drug ad show a huge, compassionate
hand opening to reveal a tiny pill in its palm, as if it's the Hand of God
dispensing ZibFlib, or whatever.

Yeah, I was amazed how many ads you get for prescription drugs. Here in Aus I
assume it's illegal, 'cos we don't get any (drugs, yes, but not prescription).

Though drug companies _can_ "promote public awareness" about certain
conditions, and advise you to see your doctor for more information -- do you
remember Pfizer's magazine ads with a picture of ten crotches? I didn't
notice whether the boxer shorts had a blue diamond pattern though.

I googled up this ref:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/0007/03/features/features05.html
fut.debate?

--DaveL