 Off-Topic / Fun / 8409
Re: You know what annoys me?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 15:36:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Christopher Tracey writes:
As long as were venting about cheesy commercial effects...

I can't stand it when a commercial character eats a piece of candy or
something and their eyes bug out, steam comes out of their ears, or
their head turns into a piece of fruit.

Really, who wants to eat mutagenic fruit roll-ups?

-chris

I'm with you there.

I also hate when a commercial uses an annoying sound effect to grab your
attention, such as a ringing phone or an alarm. I either have the urge to
jump up for the phone or to wake myself from some dream because it's time to
get up for work. That's really annoying!

I also hate the local commercials that have a highly annoying jingle to sell
their product or service. And for some reason, they all feel they must sing
their phone number. The graphics are usually cheesy and low budget.

Another annoying trait of some commercials is the use of a mascot. A local
car dealership (Houston) had a simple cartoon cricket as a mascot. This
cricket would appear along with the owner (a cartoon picture with a
real-life shot) and they would have some sort of disagreement or try to
out-wit one another. That was definitely annoying and distracted the viewer
from anything to do with buying a car.

Geez, I think I watch too much TV!

TJ