 Off-Topic / Fun / 8413
Re: You know what annoys me?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:14:17 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John Neal writes:

The sad fact is, you *aren't* their most important consumer (at least you
aren't the demo they're after). That would be the 18 & under crowd. It sounds
like someone is becoming old and curmudgeonie;-) (new word, BTW)

  Nonsense--as a 30-year-old, I'm sure my voice is 1.67X as important as any
18-year-old's!   8^)

Personally, I get a little freaked when I'm watching a Friends episode and I
see the genital herpes commericials.  What grosses me out the most is that
there must be millions of watchers to whom this product is marketed...>-p

  Free market arguments aside, I don't particularly care for the
ever-increasing presence of ads for prescription drugs.  "Ask your doctor
about ZibFlib--we won't tell you what it does, but ask your doctor about it
anyway."
However, I'm amused at how many of these drug ad show a huge, compassionate
hand opening to reveal a tiny pill in its palm, as if it's the Hand of God
dispensing ZibFlib, or whatever.

     Dave!