 Off-Topic / Fun / 8217
Re: Byzantine Brokering by Byzantium
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:48:52 GMT

In article <GKot7r.IGM@lugnet.com>,
"James Brown" <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote:

I seem to recall my mother singing that silly song in some play many years
ago.

Neat.  I wonder what play it was to use They Might Be Giants songs...

Istanbul was Constantinople
Now it's Istanbul not Constantinople
So if you've a date in Constantinople
She'll be waiting in Istanbul.

(I'll confess just about my favorite rendition of this song was a silly
music video by Tiny Toons)

James

Actually the song is much older than They Might Be Giants. I can't seem
to find the original credits at the moment. I'll try to find something
later on.

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations