 Off-Topic / Debate / 13404
Re: Mecha-zuna, a pictoral Story...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 05:35:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Borislav Marinov writes:
Man Mladen, give the guy a break.  Sure, the geography is off, his story will
have nothing to do with the Byzantine Empire, or the radicals which want to
recreate it, or its old enemyis which still exist (ex: Bulgaria).  But guess
what, it doesn't really matter.  In Gundam Wing the Sant Kingdom was in Greece
and the buildings where of German design, and it didn't matter because the
story line was great.  Give the man a chance, if the story is good it will
automatically compensate for any errors.  It could turn out that the action is
in a parallel universe or on a different planet all together?

   That's an interesting point.  An alternate universe where either
   a) the Byzantines held out or b) the Byzantine leadership took the
   reins of Islam--like Christian emperors of Rome--and married Islam
   to the Greco-Roman tradition?  Then you might have a tripartite
   division in Islam--Sunni, Shi'a, and Byzantine!

   Now that I think of it, that would be a *very* interesting world
   indeed.  If you don't like it, Geordan, I may use it myself.  :D

   Anyways, don't take these as prescriptions or even recommendations.
   As Borislav points out, it's your universe--but I'm just having
   some fun thinking about the possibilities.  Again, I say, whatever
   you do, don't ditch that name.  It rocks.

   best

   LFB