 Off-Topic / Debate / 13397
Re: Mecha-zuna, a pictoral Story...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 02:50:45 GMT

--- Mladen Pejic <mladenpejic@sympatico.ca> wrote:
Okay...

Lame history lesson ON:

Hi Mladen, thanks for voicing your opinion,

The Byzantine empire was an Eastern Roman/Greek empire. The capital was
Constantinople, which is now modern-day Istanbul, capital of Turkey (an Islamic
country). Constantinople fell to the Turks in 1453.

The Byzantine empire doesn't EXIST anymore. It was ruled by an *Eastern
Orthodox Church*.

Yes I learned all about that last year...

Having said that, why in the world would all the middle-eastern countries
(which are mostly populated by Muslims) combine and form a "New Byzantine Army"
(as you call it)?

It's my own made up story, this story isn't meant to be based on any thing that I
think even *might* happen, The reason for the name was simply because it sounded
kind of neat (IMO), as far as my thinking goes, there doesn't have to be a logical
reason for it, since it's just a silly story, I don't ever think that the middle
eastern countries would band together and turn on the UN, but in my completely make
believe and fictional story, they do.

If you like, I can change the name, (?)

-Geordan-

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mladenpejic/

In lugnet.build.mecha, Geordan Hankinson writes:
Well, this is a re-post to .announce since I didn't get any response the
first time, And before I keep on going with this I need to know if people
are interested!

here's the original post:http://news.lugnet.com/build/mecha/?n=4364

I know there isn't much now, but I want to know if people are interested in
hearing the rest of the story.

(despite the disclaimer being there, just as a precaution, there is blood
and death even in the early stages of the story so far)

Thanks...

-Geordan-