 Off-Topic / Fun / 7287
Re: favorite scooby doo episode
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 18:21:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Steve Lane writes:

Ulysses was quite good but BOTP was brilliant, you can get the video's in
HMV but the screen shots are pretty ropey. I'm worried I might not like it
so I haven't bought any. I'd be dissapointed if I didn't like it any more,
so I'll wait for a restored version.

  The thing that always killed me about those anime-lite series like BotP,
Speed Racer, Marine Boy, Star Blazers, et al was the choppy, choppy, choppy
animation style.  I didn't mind the goofy dubbing, and I had no problem with
the sprawling storylines (a nice distinction from western cartoons of the
time), but I couldn't stand watching the animation itself.  I know it's a
matter of style, production costs, manpower, and time, but the end product
just didn't and doesn't appeal to me.  I realize that not all anime looks
that way, but at the time all the anime on American Afternoon TV fit that mold.

     Dave!