 Off-Topic / Fun / 596
Re: AucZILLA IX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 18:59:34 GMT

Larry Pieniazek writes:
James Brown wrote:

Linc Smith writes:

With Larry announcing his AucZilla "wants" I keep getting this funny image
of five dusty Outlaws playing poker in some dilapidated old west saloon...

This would be even more amusing if <glancing down my watchlist 'tiles'> it
didn't look like I was going to play the part of "LeGoRuLeS" in your little
drama.

LINC is being melodramatic. I'm actually quite amenable to splits,
because Tood, or his software(1), has a habit of putting sure to be hot
pieces into single lots so that bidders go for them instead of several
lots so everyone gets some. This drives his profit up a bit... Ok, a
lot. :-)

I was being mostly tongue in cheek; as I scroll down the list, I see our names
beside eachother more often than swapping.  In fact, the only thing we seem to
both _really_ want is the 32 2x2 red tiles(1).  Care to split?  ;)

I do need tiles desperately, though, as recent projects have been
consuming my stocks at a ferocious rate. I am down to less than one inch
deep in the single sterilite shoebox sized bin that I keep them in.

I'm in much the same boat, although I'm aiming more at increasing my variety
than my volume(2).  My goal of making every building accessable _and_ trying to
tile my floors is taking its toll.

1: Although, ironically enough, someone else currently has this.

2: Besides, I don't think Todd has enough tiles up for auction to increase my
volume to the point of your desperate need.  I've only been obsessing with this
for half a year, after all.