 Marketplace / Auctions / 436
Re: AucZILLA IX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 05:45:31 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lpien@ctp.IWANTNOSPAM.com> writes:

- What are these (from section/page #34, technic elements)??
    CROSS CATCHES
    CATCHES
    CHANGEOVER CATCHES
    (as in) [ ] 4 Gray 1x1x2.3 Changeover Catches                 1.60
open
  I know what a cross block connector is, but these stumped me.

- I know you usually do LDraw elements if you have them but would it be
possible to link to Technica? Maybe not because those are very large
images with no easy way to reference individual elements other than "3rd
col, 4th from the top"

Here are the first 2 from above in Jim Hughes's _Technica_ reference:

CROSS CATCHES
   http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/r_connector.html
   (Listed in the "catches/cross blocks" column as "catch cross 1997")

CATCHES
   http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/r_connector.html
   (Listed in the "catches/cross blocks" column as "catch 1993")

And the third one:

CHANGEOVER CATCHES
   I can't remember where I got that name.  :-(  I think maybe I posted
   an ASCII picture of it a few months ago to RTL and someone identified
   it from that.  Anyway, here's an attempt at a picture:
         ___
      o=<+__|    that's laying on its side

   It's kind of shaped like a 1-kg weight unit from an old fashioned scale.

     |+|   Same view, rotated 90 degrees
     |_|

   The end with the "o" is a short rod that goes into clips; the other end
   has an axle hole like a Cross-Catch.  And there's a cross-axle hole in
   the middle too -- shown by a "+" above.

   It's from 8232 Chopper Force, BTW...
      http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8232
   ...but you can't see it in the catalog photo.

   Maybe I got the name from Joshua Delahunty...(?); he knows virtually
   everything about LEGO elements.

   Here's one last crude ASCII attempt --

           /\
          / /   <--- this is the rod on top -- fused to the main
         / /|        part of the element
        /\/ |
        \/  //|
       /|| // |
      /_||//  |
      |    |  |
      | || |  |
      |=  =|  |    <--- that's supposed to be a cross-axle hole in
      |    |  |
      |    | /
      |____|/  <--- 1x1 square base

   If you haven't seen one of these in person before (it's not very common)
   then this picture probably won't help much...  Maybe I'll scan the
   element later...

- Also, why did your SW split the Technic figs from the helmets, put the
figs up one at a time, but then put the helmets into one lot of 6??? I
mean, who is going to buy 6 helmets??

It doesn't yet know that Technic figs "go" with Technic fig helmets.  It
currently picks all the lot sizes independently from other lot sizes.  Not
perfect, I know, but I'm headed toward abandoning pre-defined lot sizes
anyway.

If no one buys the lot of 6 by the [near] end of the auction, I'll break the
lot up.

--Todd