 Off-Topic / Fun / 5281
Re: Final Fantasy (Was: A new mode of transportation for castle minifigs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 20:06:22 GMT

<snip>
Are you refering to FFIIIj or FFIIIus?  Stupid Americans, we hafta renumber • the
series, screwing us all up.  :\  I always refer to the games by their Japanese
numbers...  :)

Japanese.

<snip s'more>
Well, yeah, I chose the wrong words.  I've been known to do that from time to
time, right Mike? <grin>  I agree; sprites were the best!  I take a classic • 2D
look over 3D anyday (well, in RPG's anyway).

Hear, Hear!!  This is one of the many (and I mean *many*) reasons I loved
Xenogears.  I think Sprites can show emotion much better than 3D figures... • True.  That's because they're hand drawn.  XG really displays this, too.

Also, they ditched many of the classic recurring creatures/objects/etc. • (this
actually started in VI), most of which I really liked (especially the
airships).

Ah, but good ol' Cid is always there, and those trusty Chocobos...damn
birds...

Hey, I like Chocobos!  They're Cute!  Too bad they lost a lot of the cuteness
in VI-VIII.  :(  Nor did I like Cid in VII or VIII...
Chocobos are like JarJar; no matter how hard you hate them, you always love
them.  I say all they're good for is transportation.  And I'll bet they tast
good with the Colonel's secret recipe, too.  Yummy. ;)

<and snip again>

lol!!  Thanks!  Have you played Xenogears?  That takes the top spot in my PSX
RPG rankings!  That is an awesome game!  I just got the Soundtrack on Friday,
great stuff...  :)

Yeah, I love XG too.  Weltall is too much...I like big mechs, too, so double
plus!  But, I'd have to say that Panzer Dragoon saga is the best RPG I've ever
played.  More "likeability" to it, or something.
1 - Rankings, best to worst:  FFIV, FFVIII, FFV, FFII, FFVI, FFIII, FFI,
FFVII
1 - My rankings, btw:  III, IV, VIII, V, II, VI, I, VII

Updated Rankings, Including the two true FF spinoffs:
FFIV, FFT, FFVIII, FFV, FFII, FFVI, FFIII, FFI, FFMQ, FFVII.
I think I need to make a chart of all RPGs I've played, to rank every single
one.  It'll also be a great way to show just how much I hated FFVII.  :)

Mine would have to be a book.  ;)
-Chris