 Off-Topic / Fun / 4461
Reminder: Adventures in Anime Music
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:31:17 GMT

I'd just like to remind all interested parties about Adventures in Anime Music,
starting at midnight tonight (Eastern Time) Connecticut's WMNR Fine Arts Radio.
The hour-long show plays classical styled pieces from various anime
soundtracks, and tonight's theme will be Battle Music.

Adventures in Anime Music:
<http://japanradio.tripod.com/>
WMNR Fine Arts Radio:
<http://www.wmnr.org/>

In a related story, ADV will soon start releasing Anime soundtracks domesticly,
approximately four a month.  The price will be about $14.00, and the first four
will be Akira Symphonic Soundtrack, Macross II OST, Macross Plus OST and
Macross Plus OST 2.  No realease dates set yet, though.

Jeff
"And the girl of the dawn, with eyes of blue and angel wings:
The songs of the season are her only crown."
http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeff Stembel writes:
There seems to be a lot of people here who like Anime, so I thought I'd
mention that WMNR Fine Arts Public Radio in Connecticut has an hour long
program every Thursday Night at midnight featuring Classical Styled music from
Anime.  The program is called Adventures in Anime Music, and the nice thing
about this station is that it is commercial free and available over the web!
I heard it for the first time tonight, and they had songs from Record of
Lodoss War, Final Fantasy VI, Heroic Legend of Arislan, and many others.  I
highly recommend it for Anime and Classical Music fans.  Next week the theme
will be battle music, so I kinda expect a number of pieces from Final Fantasy.
;)

Adventures in Anime Music:
<http://japanradio.tripod.com/>
WMNR Fine Arts Radio: