 People / 449
Re: Adventures in Anime Music
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:02:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Kya Morden writes:
On Fri, 11 Feb 2000 06:21:10 GMT, "Jeff Stembel"
<aulddragon@wamalug.org> wrote:

There seems to be a lot of people here who like Anime, so I thought I'd
mention that WMNR Fine Arts Public Radio in Connecticut has an hour long
program every Thursday Night at midnight featuring Classical Styled music
from Anime.  The program is called Adventures in Anime Music, and the nice
thing about this station is that it is commercial free and available over the
web!  I heard it for the first time tonight, and they had songs from Record
of Lodoss War, Final Fantasy VI, Heroic Legend of Arislan, and many others.
I highly recommend it for Anime and Classical Music fans.  Next week the
theme will be battle music, so I kinda expect a number of pieces from Final
Fantasy.  ;)

Wow, that's really cool.  I wonder if they'll play any stuff by Jo
Hisaishi (Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Prince Mononoke).  His
stuff is absolutely wonderful. ^_^

Yup, they do, but I can't say I remember anything by him last night (I'd
recognize just about anything from Laputa, Mononoke, and Nausicaa).  They had
some songs from such shows as Nadia, Ranma 1/2 (yup, they actually found a
classical piece), Utena, End of Evangelion, and Ruroni Kenshin.  They had more,
but I can't remember off hand.  I think last night's theme was songs styled
after specific composers, and Lodoss War and Arislan figured heavily in the
programming.  Which, IMO, was a good thing.  ;)

Jeff
"You can't be a hero hiding underneath your bed"
http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/