 People / 484
Re: Reminder: Adventures in Anime Music
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 21:54:21 GMT

Yup, It was great!  Also Played were such greats as Nobuo Uematsu ("One • Winged
Angel" from FF7 Reunion Tracks) and Yoko Kanno (Brain Powerd).  I really
enjoyed it!  Next week's Theme will be the Role of Majestic Music in Anime.

Jeff

Crap. I missed the show last night. I have been thinking all week that I was
going to catch this show. I had devised a way to Real Player Pro autostart and
record for me, but my computer was off, which it almost never is. I hope they
make this show permanent so there are more than just two weeks in the schedule.

I am a huge anime and video game fan (especially anime inspired console rpgs),
especially their music. I have about 30 soundtracks from anime and video games
ranging from domestic to imports to a handful of Son May titles. Morally, I
object to Son May and Ever Anime titles, but being a poor college student with
too many hobbies, this is good way to satisfy my craving without breaking the
wallet. I like all types of soundtracks with my two favorites being Magic
Knight RayEarth Collection (J-pop) and Wild Arms OST (orchestral type). Now if
only I could get my order from thePlace.com to come in (I am waiting on FF8
arranged and the FF8 piano collection...should be $75 well spent :).

-------------------------
  Craig Livingston
  Member of DixieLUG
  DixieLUG@aol.com

PS - If anyone is interested in trading anime or vg mp3s, I have about 1 gig
of them, that I can upload to a xoom.com account (unlimited space). Then, I
can share the password and username...it is not a my only account and would
only contain mp3 files. I realize that this would leave me open to someone
deleting the files and what not. But I would just have to trust benevolence.
Plus, I would constantly backup the files, since I have a T1 connection and a
27 gig HD. Let me know via email or here, if anyone is interested.