 People / 487
Re: Reminder: Adventures in Anime Music
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 05:05:52 GMT

In lugnet.people, Craig Livingston writes:
Yup, It was great!  Also Played were such greats as Nobuo Uematsu ("One
Winged Angel" from FF7 Reunion Tracks) and Yoko Kanno (Brain Powerd).  I
really enjoyed it!  Next week's Theme will be the Role of Majestic Music in
Anime.

Jeff

Crap. I missed the show last night. I have been thinking all week that I was
going to catch this show. I had devised a way to Real Player Pro autostart and
record for me, but my computer was off, which it almost never is. I hope they
make this show permanent so there are more than just two weeks in the
schedule.

I just found out about it 3 weeks ago, but it had been on for about a month
previous to that.  Their website lists that they have eight hours of
programming planned, and it ends next thursday, but they insinuate that they
are working on more.  I plan on e-mailing them to let them know how much I've
enjoyed their shows!  If you do record it next week, I'd like to be able to get
a copy from you, if possible.  :)

I am a huge anime and video game fan (especially anime inspired console rpgs),
especially their music. I have about 30 soundtracks from anime and video games
ranging from domestic to imports to a handful of Son May titles. Morally, I
object to Son May and Ever Anime titles, but being a poor college student with
too many hobbies, this is good way to satisfy my craving without breaking the
wallet. I like all types of soundtracks with my two favorites being Magic
Knight RayEarth Collection (J-pop) and Wild Arms OST (orchestral type). Now if
only I could get my order from thePlace.com to come in (I am waiting on FF8
arranged and the FF8 piano collection...should be $75 well spent :).

Have you heard Lodoss War TV Vol. 1?  It is *excellent*!

The majority of mine are also Son May, although I got them without knowing it.
I didn't know anything about them when I first ordered my CDs.  :(  I plan on
eventually replacing them with the originals, but it'll be hard.  Hopefully,
Square will re-release them (you'd think they would, considering how many
people I know who've wanted to/have gotten Square Son May CDs).

Jeff