 Off-Topic / Fun / 139
Re: Antz movie?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:04:15 GMT

Chris Barnes wrote:

I purchased the silver anniversary freestyle tubs for them and my wife
sanitized them of the small, dangerous pieces.

More for you (for now...) :)

So they have chunky buildings
and vehicles made mostly of 2x4 bricks.  When I am available to supervise them
I let them play with some of the town vehicles.  stripped of any small
accessories and I also strip the minifig of accessories.  after a session with
those usually tires and windshields have to be reattached but not much else.
However, If you turn your back for too long they can fully disassemble a small
vehicle an mere seconds.  There is definitely a differnece between everyday
legos and Daddy's legos.

Yup. I don't give her anything from my collection that I don't think could take
the pounding, or that I can't replace. I failed to mention that the Timmy I let
my daughter play with has no hair, just head, torso, legs. The "simple" vehicle
I made was a red 4x10 plate with 2x4 wheel holders with 2x2 wheels and two or
three 2x4's. But she was happy cuz it came from my stuff. I think it was more of
a sharing thing.

Also, it seems that boys more than girls take things apart just to do so to see
how it was made, whereas when my daughter takes a piece off she tries to
reattach it in some other way, and then immediately resumes playing.

--
From Tom McDonald
Anti-spam block in place.

--