 Off-Topic / Fun / 131
Re: Antz movie?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 21:47:01 GMT

Tom McDonald writes:
Chris Barnes wrote:

Trying to convince her that my two and four
year old sons really need more technic and not duplo.  of course it's not • for
me.

You can start phasing out duplo now, but better start slowly... town, wild • west,
whatever. Actually town might be the best because it looks the youngest right
after duplo and primo. My 2 year-old daughter doesn't put lego or any other
non-food items in her mouth anymore, except for crayons (what's up with that?
they do *not* taste good) so I can give her minifigs to play with now, usually
Timmys because she has very little concept of returning things. Fret not, my
fellow poster, your time will come.

You could always build simple, sturdy MOC's and let them play with them. I • made
a simple car with big wheels for Timmy and my daughter vroomed it around for
awhile. She knows the difference between her legos and mine, and once even • cried
and told me "daddy's legos" when I told her we could go play with hers. I • have a
feeling that time is not far (if it isn't already here) for you :)

--
From Tom McDonald
Anti-spam block in place.

--
Do what you can, but behave yourself.

We'll have more, right after this.

I purchased the silver anniversary freestyle tubs for them and my wife
sanitized them of the small, dangerous pieces.  So they have chunky buildings
and vehicles made mostly of 2x4 bricks.  When I am available to supervise them
I let them play with some of the town vehicles.  stripped of any small
accessories and I also strip the minifig of accessories.  after a session with
those usually tires and windshields have to be reattached but not much else.
However, If you turn your back for too long they can fully disassemble a small
vehicle an mere seconds.  There is definitely a differnece between everyday
legos and Daddy's legos.

Chris Barnes