 Off-Topic / Fun / 54
Re: Antz movie?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 02:31:52 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:

I've been away from the "real world" for a bit and can't remember whether
_Antz_ is supposed to be out yet but I think it is...  Is it just another
_Small_Soldiers_ or is it as good as _Toy_Story_?

From the responses I've heard it seems closer to TS than SS.  I'll
wait for video, though.

I didn't see SS, I don't go to movies much other than kids movies, so I
can't compare. But I loved the show ReBoot and loved Toy Story. (as well
as other "unconventional animateds" like James and the GP, and Nightmare
before Christmas, both more stop motion than animation)

We just saw Antz this afternoon. I liked it quite a bit. It's not a kids
movie with a few adult jokes like TS was, it's an adult movie that's OK
to take kids to.

It's not as stunning as Toy Story because it's not "first" and we expect
more, since everyone uses generation in ads and such. But the textures
are much better than TS and in general the state of the animation art is
much advanced.

I'm eager to see A Bugs Life in the theater as well.

If Large doses of Woody Allen get on your nerves you might not like it.

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.