 Off-Topic / Fun / 140
Re: You know you're a keyboard-head if...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:07:48 GMT

My keyboard has two control keys, bottom row, each side...

Perhaps a Princess.... wrote:

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:12:51 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve
Bliss) wrote:

NoNoNo -- the proper keys are ctrl-insert to copy and shift-insert to
paste.(1)  That way, I don't have to take my hand off the mouse.

Uh... How does this keep you from taking your hand off the mouse? On
MY keyboard, i can do ctrl+c and ctrl+v with one hand. But not reach
the insert key.

I'm left-handed.  I do the cut/copy/paste keystrokes with my
right-hand.

That still does not explain how you reach ctrl and insert with the
same hand. They are on opposite sides of the keyboard for me.

Awhile ago, I was having a discussion with my dexter sister, about
Window's standard accelerator keys.  She was surprised that the
program I wrote didn't have built-in support for ctl-X, ctl-C, ctl-V.
I didn't know they were standard keystrokes.

Have been for a while.

--
From Tom McDonald
Anti-spam block in place.