 Off-Topic / Fun / 120
Re: You know you're a keyboard-head if...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 09:03:52 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message <361efd16.170632026@lugnet.com>...
Ahh, man, those Dvorak keyboards ROCK!  Way back when, I couple years after I
learned to type (and will still learning, I guess)

Me too - came as a cheap extra on the C64.

But back in the old DOS3.2/3.3 days, there weren't installable keyboard
drivers for the OS, so you pretty much had to use Qwerty or find a real
physical Dvorak keyboard...and sadly I stopped learning it.

You can get both now - Win95 has good support, and if you load the Dvorak
driver in the Dos7 autoexec.bat you get Dvorak in all you DOS apps too
(well, except for some games that go directly to the keyboard, like Warcraft 2.

And a hardware one is only $US50, I have the address at work if anyone wants it.

Moz