 Off-Topic / Fun / 117
Re: You know you're a keyboard-head if...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 06:27:18 GMT

cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) writes:

Perhaps a Princess.... <sarah@eskimo.com> wrote:
Ah. I've got a QWERTY keyboard. So, indeed, the ctrl+c/v are not
difficult key combinations.
What kind do you have?

Moz uses a dvorak keyboard, I think.

Ahh, man, those Dvorak keyboards ROCK!  Way back when, I couple years after I
learned to type (and will still learning, I guess) I wrote a typing video game
which taught the Qwerty keyboard...  It was quick hack to modify it to teach
the Dvorak keyboard too, so I tried that out, and to my amazement, as I learned
both at the same time, I could switch back and forth "mentally" without getting
messed up...weird, but kinda like running Pine in one window and vi in the
other.  But back in the old DOS3.2/3.3 days, there weren't installable keyboard
drivers for the OS, so you pretty much had to use Qwerty or find a real
physical Dvorak keyboard...and sadly I stopped learning it.  (But I think I
could still type "that" now if I tried  :-).

Hats off to Moz!

--Todd

p.s.  Ahh, it would sure be fun to have  lugnet.off-topic.geek . . .   But I
realize that I'm in the way-minority by wanting lots of weird groups...  :)