 Off-Topic / Fun / 1226
Re: Credit reports anybody?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 23:43:18 GMT

Beth Reiten <breiten@net-art.de> wrote:
(rant deleted to save everybody's sanity)

I hear you.  I needed my medical records from a hospital once that
wanted to charge me the same kind of outrageous fee.  When I told them
I wouldn't pay them a buck a page to make a nickel photocopy so I'd
like to take them to Kinko's and copy them myself they said no.  Don't
remember the reason.

The reason?  They "own" your records, and you leaving with them is tantamount to theft.
Just for fun: try touching your file the next time you have an appointment!

Maybe.  Their justification for charging me a buck a page was they had
to pay their employee to do that.  I asked if the employee made
$60/hour since I figured he or she could probably copy a page per
minute at minimum.  Didn't appreciate the sarcasm there.  When I
offered to perform the labor myself they declined.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide