 Off-Topic / Fun / 1224
Re: Credit reports anybody?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 20:17:37 GMT

Beth Reiten <breiten@net-art.de> wrote:
I feel the same way.  Do you know what it felt like when I was trying to gather my
medical records before coming to Germany (I've had a bit of a nomadic life) and I
was told that it would cost me $5 for the first three pages and then $1 per page
after that to get COPIES of my own medical records???  That's my body, those are my
records!!  Considering the fact that the place that was giving me this particular
quote was the one where I had two tendons in my hand reattached, and I was in the
community for 4 years, do you want to guess how big that file is?  Unfortunately,
the answer you will be given by anyone in the information gathering business is that
since they gathered the information and have added value to the raw data, what they
give you will be more valuable/useful/whatever than the original.  Therefore, you
owe them money.  Much as I hate it, that is the way life is going.

I hear you.  I needed my medical records from a hospital once that
wanted to charge me the same kind of outrageous fee.  When I told them
I wouldn't pay them a buck a page to make a nickel photocopy so I'd
like to take them to Kinko's and copy them myself they said no.  Don't
remember the reason.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide