 Off-Topic / Fun / 1225
Re: Credit reports anybody?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 20:54:16 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Beth Reiten <breiten@net-art.de> wrote:
(rant deleted to save everybody's sanity)

I hear you.  I needed my medical records from a hospital once that
wanted to charge me the same kind of outrageous fee.  When I told them
I wouldn't pay them a buck a page to make a nickel photocopy so I'd
like to take them to Kinko's and copy them myself they said no.  Don't
remember the reason.

The reason?  They "own" your records, and you leaving with them is tantamount to theft.
Just for fun: try touching your file the next time you have an appointment!

Beth