 Off-Topic / Fun / 1215
Re: Credit reports anybody?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:37:06 GMT

Julie Krenz wrote:
(text deleted)

I really  feel no one should have to pay for their very own records, whether it
be $8 or .80. My son doesn't have to pay his teacher to receive his report card.
It especially burns me because I am willing to bet it will contain
misinformation that I will have to take the time to correct.

Thanks for all the input!
Julie

I feel the same way.  Do you know what it felt like when I was trying to gather my
medical records before coming to Germany (I've had a bit of a nomadic life) and I
was told that it would cost me $5 for the first three pages and then $1 per page
after that to get COPIES of my own medical records???  That's my body, those are my
records!!  Considering the fact that the place that was giving me this particular
quote was the one where I had two tendons in my hand reattached, and I was in the
community for 4 years, do you want to guess how big that file is?  Unfortunately,
the answer you will be given by anyone in the information gathering business is that
since they gathered the information and have added value to the raw data, what they
give you will be more valuable/useful/whatever than the original.  Therefore, you
owe them money.  Much as I hate it, that is the way life is going.

I'll get off of my soap box now.  Sorry for the rant!
Beth