 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 981 – 1000 of 1284.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Change? Somewhat verbose...

(...) For debate to flourish, I think the scope of topics and the numbers taking part have to grow - not the number of posts. The problem is that every question gets turned around, and ends focusing on narrow political/religious points (Frank's (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.306)

  Re: Uselessness of .debate

(...) rights, (...) valid, (...) What does that mean? :-) (...) to (...) then (...) Scott, I think that Larry meant you specifically, and others who behave similarly. I think that's clear. But at least his insult to you was thinly veiled. It would (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

political
(score: 0.306)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) OK Larry. I'll play your game again. Let's revist this message: (URL) this text: =+= The point I was making about rights concerned political freedoms. For example - here in the UK one could always choose to be, say, a communist. Can you say (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.306)

  Re: Uselessness of .debate

(...) Personally, I come and go. I lose interest in some debates, and gain interest in others. Occasionally I'll see something that really does peak my interest, and other times, I just feel like debating. As to whether it's actually a waste of (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

political
(score: 0.306)

  Re: Polyamory

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G5pyGI.Dss@lugnet.com... (...) my (...) usage. Well, there was that time you were curious about my doctortate. (...) fiat (...) Not my point Larry. However, you are still wrong. Much (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.306)

  Re: An interesting North American Election (was Re: Cdn Election Day)

(...) Just simply not true, look at BC for a example. The fact is, that for a reasonable requirement (1/3rd of registered voters, not 1/3rd of votes in last election), you will _allways_ have a very hard time getting recall. Simply because getting (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.304)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) It is because I'm getting bored with your dislike of democracy. Bored. After I read your last post I remembered this point: "Democracy is just an euphemism for mob rule, where two lions and a sheep vote on the dinner, and there should instead (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.304)

  Re: Veracity, the historical record, and supernatural events

(...) Ack, my ears are burning! (Or are those my cloven hooves?) :) Guilty as charged, at least as far as history generis. (...) It's not so much that things can't be proven to occur as that human language is made up of signifiers--and like the old (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.304)

  Re: Libertopia - unproven theory

Welcome back Ed! (...) True enough. In fact, they won't even elect *the LP's* characterization of the LP, which is far more accurate and far more flattering. Libertopia is still only a pipedream, an ideal society. Two points though. Does (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.304)

  Re: The god debate again... sigh (Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) Sorry to jump, but this just reminds me a former RP (a fundamentalist political party in Turkey) senator, who escaped to Germany after found guilty by the court, just announced a few days ago himself as "messiah". Since it is the second Turk (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.303)

  Re: LP POINT 1

(...) If you rummage around, you’ll find that there are plenty within the LP who voice decent at every thing from your sign up clause (“I do not believe in or advocate the initiation of force as a means of achieving political or social goals.”), to (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.303)

  Thought experiment on alternative government structures

On my way home from work today, I was thinking about government structures, and had some interesting ideas, so I offer them for your digestion: The first thought was: If we strive to attain a Libertopia, is there any need for state governments? I (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.303)

  Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) I agree with you, it is very unfortunate. For example, people swearing at others just because of their political party affiliation: (URL) ... I have argued that man is not Good, that only God is Good. (...) Maybe you don't associate with (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.303)

  Re: LP POINT 1

(...) You are, off course, assuming a linear scale. I'd view it as logarithmic. (...) One of the big criticisms of the LP argument is that they harp on too much about the evils of "Big Government", without tempering that sentiment with a reflection (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.303)

  Re: Today's the day.

(...) Not really, no. (...) for starters, you're extrapolating a bit far. For another, if only it was that simple. It's not the simple political machinations that I'm worried about. The "lying, cheating and stealing" as you allege pretty much comes (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.303)

  Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego

(...) LP is a vote of principle, and it largely benefits from disillusionment with the political process – a belief that a win for Gore/Bush will result in same outcome for the USA. I'm willing to bet that a good deal of LP voters would rather not (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.303)

  Re: LP POINT 1

(...) Clearly state the question, please, along with your assumptions. In the absence, though... I've never claimed that the LP has massive support among the voting populace as a political party. If it did, we'd win a lot more elections than we do. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.303)

  Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego

(...) OK, so corruption accumulates over time. This leads to a question: is better to cycle through politicians frequently, and spread low levels of corruption amongst a large number of people, or have just a few long-term politicians, and (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.303)

  Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego

(...) Arguments are never won here Tom, they just end. Often weight of numbers, produces and end. However, just because a debate ends it does not follow that is has been won/lost. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the US membership of LUGNET does (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.303)

  Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G4JFsK.53n@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) consent (...) Well, here in the UK, I can go round and see my MP this weekend if I wish. I can tell her just what I think, and expect her to (...) (24 years ago, 24-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.302)

More:  Next Page >>