 Off-Topic / Debate / 7630
Re: The god debate again... sigh (Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:51:54 GMT

Jon Kozan wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:

But the thing with the Bible is that it's not one or 2, it's
hundreds of prophecies. The odds of them all coming true are truly
frightening.

Frighteningly small?  Or simply frightening in their implication?

Both?

Perhaps to individualize the point is that *you* may want to re-consider your
own beliefs as more prophecies come true -- or you could just continue being
ignorant of Biblical prophecies.

We'll see.  I predict instead that any prophecies "identified" as such
will be equally nebulous and equally low on predictive value.

I can offer this (in response to your 'prediction' - er, prophecy, or whatever)

Remember, please, my point about prophecies surrounding major Biblical events.
The last event was the birth/life/death of Jesus.
About that there were slightly less than 200 prophecies.
All predicted beforehand, and all came true.

Sorry to jump, but this just reminds me a former RP (a fundamentalist
political party in Turkey) senator, who escaped to Germany after found
guilty by the court, just announced a few days ago himself as "messiah".
Since it is the second Turk who claimed himself to be messiah for last
decade (the first one was Mehmet Ali Agca, who assassinated to pope
several years ago), you might chalk up one (or two?) more for the
prophecies became true column..:-)

Just for fun, although I think all these prophecy thing funny....:-)

Selçuk