 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 401 – 420 of about 1300.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:Fz54Kp.E62@lugnet.com... (...) broader (...) still (...) two (...) minifigs (...) do (...) Alright, I'm beginning to understand you now. (...) be (...) what (...) Yup. The issue of 'political (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) Well, this is a very hard question to answer in the hypothetical without more specifics, so I leave it to you to pose a more detailed hypothetical should you choose to do so. Given the real world instance of the nations of Israel and (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) But, see -- I don't agree with him either. And the gun, operating as an equalizer, puts at least some political power back into the hands of the meek and peace-loving. Now, I am not advocating revolution -- we are yet far from that I hope (and (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: A few things...

(...) No, there really doesn't seem to be much support in any quarter. And the remaining pro war camp is much quieter and harder to draw (apart from the determined political apologist rearguard, and the shrill cries of the mindless faithful), (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

(...) Scott: Perhaps I can answer this, as I am indeed both a political pro-life supporter, and a death penalty advocate as well. Some charge that it is an inconsistent position - that life is life, and indeed killing is killing. To this charge I (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: TJ acknowledged a Creator in DoI (was: Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) I am only responding to this one part because after reading Larry's reply it occurred to me that this part is intended as a kind of snare -- frankly, a rather lame one at that. I am tolerant of others' views unconditionally -- that is to say (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) Some people do interpret "Justice" to imply income redistribution. UUs range almost completely across the political spectrum, and if one had to paint with a broad brush, one would pick up the Liberal brush, but I suspect if more people (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Cuba

(...) Indeed. I understand that only ~8% of the Cuban GDP is agriculture based. (...) One could say the same about many political ideals. However, the fact is that some of the communist concepts do have a rather simple attractiveness to a lot of (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: "The Constitution is what the judges say it is"

(...) The problem with your system is the huge inequalities in your country. Political power is bought and sold like cheese at a cheesemongers. People keep guns to protect themselves from there *own* government. Your healthcare system is derided (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Durned Telemarketers!

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes: <snip> (...) Agreed on all points, but I'll take whatever I can get to begin with. I can only hope that political and non-profit phone solicitations will be brought under the same restrictions at a (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...

(...) Because others do things in a way that doesn't adhere to the "Too high" standard that the almighty United States sets for the rest of the world... I'll stick with Canada, where new political party(s) can spring up overnight, and long standing (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  How it gels

"The Secrets of September 11" (URL) as White House political aides plot a 2004 campaign plan designed to capitalize on the emotions and issues raised by the September 11 terror attacks, administration officials are waging a behind-the-scenes battle (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Freedom in America (The Chicago 8)

A funny thing happened to some folks on their way to making public their disenfranchisement from the then current political establishment in the year 1968. The police infiltrated their groups (thereby abridging the free exercise of the right to (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Description vs. argument

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur writes: May I? (...) Yes. And to compare, how is the history of British society and homosexuals? It's not exactly a political freedom, but it's similar, and your record sucks. (...) We did. (...) Evolution is (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: John Leo's opinion of "The West Wing"

(...) I think the point is that Leo perceives that people are distressingly apt to get their political views from fictional programs. No doubt Leo would include such fictions as the 700 Club and Rush Limbaugh's daily spew, as well as the film (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: My over-simplification of the anti-war movement

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd writes: <snip> (...) Watching CNN all weekend, except Sunday when I watched PBS, and the other political shows on NBC and CBS... Constant theme now--"We tried the fast approach, and were hopeing that (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: "Fictitious Presidency"? How about "Fictitious Oscar"?

(...) We? No. I'd be laughing with him. So, do you reckon this is coming from his political targets or his rival documentary makers? It's certainly not coming from the Academy. What would be interesting is what the 'second placed' documentary maker (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...

(...) What exactly are you looking for here? Anecdotal evidence that a gun and self-reliance are political necessaries? If you don't believe that then nothing I say will change your mind. I guess I could tell you a story, but then you'd just tell me (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) The problem here is the conflation of legal notion with absolute reality. Rights are the legal/political expression of an aesthetic that nearly everyone (involved in the discussion) supports. While I wrote before that I was siding with John, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.605)

  Re: Fair use and allusion?

(...) By that reasoning, FoxNews, the National Register, and The Wall Street Journal should likewise be regulated as pro-Bush political commercials. (...) Are they? I haven't heard that--do you have a citation? And even if the DNC is buying tickets, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.605)

More:  Next Page >>