 Off-Topic / Debate / 19806
Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:37:36 GMT

Preface: Plowed ground alert. I probably shouldn't have posted a flurry of
length. That said, onward.

For clarification, by "free market" you mean a market operating without
the intervention of an overarching body, don't you?

I think Larry is referring to the constraints of the monopoly of the 2 party
system in America.  As I have in the past, I see nothing wrong with joining one
of the 2 parties and working for change *within* that context instead of trying
to assert a completely independent third or fourth group.

I like a 2 party system; I think a system such as Israel's is too chaotic and
in the long run counterproductive and too prone to stalemate.

JOHN

Because others do things in a way that doesn't adhere to the "Too high"
standard that the almighty United States sets for the rest of the world...

I'll stick with Canada, where new political party(s) can spring up
overnight, and long standing party(s) can just about disappear overnight ;)

5, or is it now 4.5 'official' political parties.

Boy I love being Canadian :)

Dave K