 Off-Topic / Debate / 20038
Re: My over-simplification of the anti-war movement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:39:24 GMT

<snip>

Ditto.  But I don't think our prayers will be answered: note the warnings
the politicians are starting to issue about tough fighting ahead since their
planned-for uprisings haven't happened.

-->Bruce<--

Watching CNN all weekend, except Sunday when I watched PBS, and the other
political shows on NBC and CBS...

Constant theme now--"We tried the fast approach, and were hopeing that Iraq
would 'switch sides' en masse, but that didn't happen and now we're
hunkering down for a long, drawn out situation"

It started, for me, when Dubya was 'irate' at the question, "how long?".  He
seems to be getting a wee bit peeved at the second-guessing and the media.

Well guess what Dubya, the truth is just itching to get out--there are flaws
the size of the Grand Canyon in your little story y'all got going on and the
media has been coddling you!  Way too nice!

That said, you better finish what you started.  You better clean up your
little mess.  I didn't hear this before, but George Sr inspired the Iraqi
people to 'rise up against' SH during hte last war, and then pulled out,
leaving these 'dissidents' in a country known for their 'wonderful
treatment' of dissidents.

It's no wonder that the Iraqi people are giving a 'luke warm' reeption to
Dubya's forces this time--"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame
on me!"

So don't go looking for mass defection--your popa screwed that one up.
Don't go looking for mass support--the world knows this fiasco was, and is,
ill conceived.  What did Stephenopolis point out--that there were almost
twice as many troops in the Gulf war, and that was just to liberate Kuwait,
not 'taking over' the entire country of Iraq.

But you better get it together Dubya, because if you pull out now, you've
doomed us all--SH 'beats off' 2 US incursions?  Yeah, that won't be so good, no.

You started this mess, now finish it--the *only* good that can come out of
this fiasco is if you capture/kill SH.  That's it.  Forget the rest of the
blathering and false pretenses--just get him.

Dave K
-who didn't want the war to start, who still beleives that this war
shouldn't have started--that there was absolutely no Just reason for said
war, but now that it is, let's get it done.
-who is also writing a letter to his MP saying that we shouldn't leave our
'best friend' on this planet "swingin' in the breeze" alone.  We Canadians
made our point and are on the moral high ground.  Now it's time to say, "We
support our American brothers."