 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: bruce half irish
 Results 81 – 100 of about 1900.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: English phrase

(...) Yeah, I think it means "no frills" or "no extras added yet." Like an undecorated 9"x13" pan cake instead of a wedding cake. Or a 2x4 brick instead of a BURP. Simple but not necessarily bad. (...) Mmmm, great example. Saw, how about that Ben & (...) (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

irish
(score: 1.988)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) <emphasis> (...) </emphasis> But, oh what the heck... (...) Not sure it's an apples to apples. I can argue it the other way round... rather than the 4% of GDP difference giving you free healthcare, free education and welfare support... (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

irish
(score: 1.988)

  A piece of U.S. history (was: Re: Libertarian SPAM (Propaganda))

Whew! What a long post. I've been typing for almost an hour. So careful, great ramble ahead, and the footnotes are almost as long as the post itself. ;-) (...) Matt already found some stuff for you and all, I just wanted to say that I didn't really (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

irish
(score: 1.988)

  Re: If you're an AFOL and you know it raise your hand (WAS: Blacksmith Shop)

(...) The name wasn't arbitrarily chosen like yelling "uncle". I think it has more to do with the tired examples involving Hitler that are invoked whenever someone can't think of anything better to support their argument. Here's a bit about it. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

irish
(score: 1.988)

  Re: Lego Holocaust art (Was: can someone help me identify these parts?)

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999 23:31:15 GMT, Selçuk <teyyareci> uttered the following profundities... <snipped, but only for repost brevity> I am British. A lot of your post seemed to be written assuming I was American. Being British, though, am well aware of (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

irish
(score: 1.988)

  Re: War

(...) LW it's with regard to some old threads, some things were said by you there that I did fundamentally disagree with. If I get time I will go back and respond in a bit more detail. Also you do have a tendency to view Britain as above reproach (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

irish
(score: 1.988)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) Hang on just a second, having met John on two occasions I can tell you that he is not only definately not racist, but one of the nicest guys I have ever met. I would bank money on the fact that statements he has made in the past were (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

irish
(score: 1.988)

  Re: A Brave New World

(...) uh...that's not what I meant. Though reading my post again, I see how you were mislead (unless of course you knew what I really and decided to simply play with me a bit). Let's see...actually, never mind. I was sort of trying to make a point (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

irish
(score: 1.988)

  Why are christians persecuted? Or are they? (was Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) Hardly. I was speaking hypothetically, of course. I'm perfectly fine with anyone of any creed as long as that person doesn't get in the habit of violating my rights. Most christians don't. Heck, some of my best friends are christians <GD&R>. (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

irish
(score: 1.988)

  Re: War

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GJMFCE.LKt@lugnet.com... (...) Larry. Peace. We are on the same side. I admitted I was wrong to flame Greg, he has admitted he might have worded his post better. It is all to easy, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

irish
(score: 1.988)

  What does a Republican have to do to cause outrage? [was Re: Not embarassed to be a Canadian...]

(...) I fear the strong pro-liberal media in the USA has struck again. I read this yesterday: It's a dirty business (URL) then it is extraordinary what you do and don't hear in the US at present. Last Thursday, as predicted in this column a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

irish
(score: 1.988)

  Re: More LP S P A M : (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment)

(...) change (...) much (...) Nope. I hadn't read anything about that. It sounds like a dumb stance on both sides. Here is a snip from a note I posted on another forum in a discussion in which a Welsh woman was asserting that she was statistically (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

irish
(score: 1.988)

  Re: Gay Marriage

(...) But you also seem to believe that the majority should be able to make anything illegal if it offends their sensibilities. Right? (...) Why? John, you have asserted time and again that I can't know what the result of making the changes that I (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

irish
(score: 1.988)

  Re: A couple stupid SW questions...

(...) I read a similar article a while back (could have even been the same one, can't find it now, though) and IMO the guy who wrote it was a tosser. Someone told him to "get a grip" and he's never let go! I fail to see how anyone could draw any (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

irish
(score: 1.988)

  Re: A few things...

(...) No, there really doesn't seem to be much support in any quarter. And the remaining pro war camp is much quieter and harder to draw (apart from the determined political apologist rearguard, and the shrill cries of the mindless faithful), (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

irish
(score: 1.988)

  Re: Bruce Willis is a 'Gutless Coward'

(...) Actually, Willis' character is afraid of flying in the Die Hard movies. He's just keeping in character. :-) (I'll call myself...) Bruce (...to avoid confusion) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.650)

  Re: Good news for collectors (was Re: 1593 box photos!)

(...) My point exactly. (...) Absolutely. The differences are carefully selected, but this two-party tyranny has blandified elections. On too many issues I couldn't tell Cheney from Lieberman from Dubya from Gore. (...) Again, my point exactly. (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.649)

  Re: Apologies to Bruce, et al.

(...) I don't know if I'd count this as supporting your position or not, since the details indicate special status, but here's a peace bone I can throw ya that I found on the web: (URL)Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.647)

  Re: What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) Didn't (...) I checked with my friend at work from Iraq (note that he identifies himself as Assyrian) and confirms that arranged marriages were still happening there as of 20 years ago (when he decided he didn't want to die for the glory of (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.644)

  Re: Libertarian SPAM (Propaganda)

(...) \ (...) Water vapor. Bruce (we'll skip the dicussion on light absorbtion and leave it for some anal-retentive type) :-) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.644)

More:  Next Page >>