 Off-Topic / Debate / 14774
Re: Bruce Willis is a 'Gutless Coward'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:27:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

The following from the UK Daily Mail caught my eye as chief executives aren't normally so undiplomatic

background:
Bruce Willis and Demi Moore had cancelled a trip to London to attend the premiere of his latest film Bandits.
Instead he sent a video message which was greeted with jeers and boos.
James Cann and Steve Bing also cancelled a trip to the sceening of their new film at the London Film Festival.

British Airways Chief  Executive Rod Eddington last week labelled Bruce Willis a 'Gutless coward'

The BA chief said he was 'disgusted' that celebrities were refusing to fly.

Referring to Willis, Mr Eddington said: "This is a guy who makes movies like Die Hard in which he's always the hero who
races into skyscrapers saving the world. But in real life he is too scared to fly. At the first sign of trouble they
cower under their beds like gutless cowards"

lawrence

Actually, Willis' character is afraid of flying in the Die Hard movies.
He's just keeping in character.  :-)

(I'll call myself...) Bruce (...to avoid confusion)