 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: bruce half irish
 Results 1721 – 1740 of 1868.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

"Selçuk Göre" <ssgore@superonline.com> wrote in message news:3A0FF811.1D604F...ine.com... (...) There are known methods of having sex and not having it result in pregnancy which can be used. If you don't want to have a child, I would say don't allow (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Medical Marijuana

(...) Whoops! Hoist by my own petard. Drat. I was trying to say that the putative public opinion (which we have discovered is actually false, at least currently it seems to be) is DETRIMENTAL to the effective prosecution of war. War is messy and (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Cost Of Living (was Re: Ed's opinion of Larry and other trivia)

While the schools themselves may not need money (that's debatable for many areas - if a school is falling apart from lack of money for basic maintenance along with much-needed upgrades, it needs money), the teachers do. If a teacher cannot afford to (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) The issue of "immigration" is rather new to our society, only in the last 20 or so years there has been a significant immigration (mainly Africa, and now former USSR). Our country is more of the "emmigration" kind, at least historically - for (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.pt)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) [snip] (...) As a former teacher, two of the biggest problems with today's schools are: 1. lack of funding - classrooms are overcrowded, teacher salaries over the last 30 years have actually decreased (differnce of 1960's salary times (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: jumping to conclusions

(...) There are two belligerents in this conflict – you fail to acknowledge that. (...) Shocking is it not? Perhaps we should all just get our news from the Israeli government and its apologists? (...) independent ; “not influenced or controlled in (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?)

(...) Disagree. I have reviewed more of that unpleasant thread and looking at the direct replies to the first post, none of them are anywhere near the level of unfriendliness that MM ended up at. If anything, most of them were friendlier than MMs (...) (24 years ago, 22-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) I'm sure (well, as sure as I can be with no real evidence, so take this to mean that it seems exremely likely) that sexuality is controlled both by genetic and environmental factors. I guess the way I named the "weak abstinence gene" it (...) (24 years ago, 10-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: slight

(...) It could be seen as a kind of idolatry. But it also suggests that your faith is whatever you think it should be. I am not seeing any citations or authorities for the practice of either Xmas or Easter here, John. (...) As performed during a (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) Well, what does it say to you, exactly? Franks' interview in Cigar Afficianado is now a matter of public record, so it's fair game for my question. I've never seen (URL) The Siege>, so I can't comment on the relevance of that piece of fiction (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Million Mom March

(...) I'm not sure, but is what you are envisioning, like firearms rights insurance? Where the licensing authority would be liable for misuse of the firearms by holders of their license? (...) Do you mean at the time of purchase? Presumably the (...) (24 years ago, 13-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Fan Thank You Letter

(...) Oh my tirade is not directed at anyone here at all. I have agreed with these posts. Few things get my blood pressure up and this is one of them, so if I come across as yelling, my bad. Yes I stand on a soap box every once in a while. I'm not (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Taxes from Lego auctions?

(...) Sold for scrap metal would suggest to me a few options: these things were so outdated they figured it's OK since every secret service in the world would have stolen at least one once (apparently not the case, as you learned stuff :) ), or the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: What about the first?

(...) Had france actually stopped them after occuping the Rhineland (which it could have done very eaisly at that point) the whole thing would never have happened. The German military at that point was weaker than Saddam's is right now. Instead the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) Using a country in the middle of ethnic cleansing as a comparison is hardly flattering. You can get shot in any country, but it's more likely to happen if you live in the US than say the UK. (...) I find it easy to believe, however I would (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) or: (c) Don't always have enough time to spend on a well-reasoned reply that will ultimately fall on the deaf ears of someone whose opinions are simply wrong-headed. (...) Most people who actually engage in debates have no intention of being (...) (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  What the...?!

The New Yorker, The Talk of theTown, DEPT. OF CONNECTIONS "THE CONTRACTORS" (URL) there is a new and demonstrable connection, but it is not the kind that the Bush Administration had in mind. In fact, it is more likely to fuel the speculations of (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Geology from Outer Space

(...) brief (...) Notice, however, that in the title was "1863-1953." Measurements of the time it took the sun to travel past the prime meridian were recorded at the Greenwich Observatory since the early 1800's (1). Calculations were made to convert (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Longest railroad (was Re: Longest train?

(...) I can attest to this. Here in Knoxville we have one cable company - now owned by Comcast. Our basic cable lineup doesn't include History, Sci-Fi, or Comedy Central. If you want those you have to pay $10 extra AND pay for a box - can't get them (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: stuff (was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) Some would, and some wouldn't. Obviously if your culture feels that it's appropriate to feed them via the government, they would still feel that way if the government disappeared right? But they might make them work a little for it, which (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

More:  Next Page >>