 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 921 – 940 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Why is cockfighting bad? (was: Pokemon (was: Harry Potter Lego Line))

(...) TIME WARP WARNING: My replies do not always follow a chronological sequence. Explanations to such lurk somewhere in the middle. (...) This (...) Aha! What we need is a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy beast that kills it self (humanely). :-) (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  Re: Rückkehr der Raumnazin

(...) In fact, this has only "always" been the case since Dubya created the term "enemy combatant" out of the firmament. It didn't exist prior to his declaration of permanent war on terror, at least not as a supra-legal designator for "people whom (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  La belle province

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Terry Prosper writes: <snip> I dunno, Quebec doesn't seem all that oppressed to me, but I only have an outside view. Consider yourself lucky you're "stuck" with a country that would probably at least let you secede (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  Re: jumping to conclusions

(...) I said: "My views on human rights and international law, together with my understanding of recent middle-east history, leads me to sympathize with the Palestinian people, not with "PLO terrorists". I hope you understand the distinction between (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  Re: Vegetarianism etc. (was: Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) you (...) Nope. I would chose the human option, but not because I believe that it is capable of experiencing a "Better existence." I'm familiar with it, I know it's OK, I'd go with the known over the unknown in this case (unless I had reason (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) I agree, not all selfishness is bad, yet I believe it to be the root of most of what ails us. Any crime or perversion can be sifted down to an illicit focus on meeting a selfish desire. Again, our freedom only exists in our ability to respect (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) Fine. I agree. But who are you to say that I *may not* have it? Even if you're my parent. (...) Not really. In one case, superstitious zealots are killing innocents. In the other, superstitious zealots are killing innocents. I don't see a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: An armed society...

(...) Then it's odd that the NRA, the most vociferous and organized proponents of so-called gun rights, has never brought a case successfully before the Supreme Court, despite numerous opportunities to try. You are of course correct regarding the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Conspiracy theories

(...) Very True. I do think it was dealt with in the most unfortunate means though (shot down)- of course i have no proof, but lack of evidence rarely stops the big media, so why should i worry? ;-P (...) Good point. I guess the conspiracy stuff can (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: I think the 1st Ammendment was broken

(...) Yeah, I seem to recall an arms buildup in "aggressive" Iraq to go invade the US... oh wait, it was the opposite. Iraq wasn't agressive at all--it was the US agressiveness--politically, economically, and militarity--agressive on all (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Ya wanna talk about legislating morality?

(...) and I honestly think that the envelope-pushing, rights-disdaining Religious Right will lead us to a theocratic dictatorship. Me, I'll take anarchy over that any day. ... but then, I'm a minarchist after all.. (...) Um, ya??? What was it you (...) (19 years ago, 5-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) But what I'm asking, is: what if the child wants medical treatment and the parent forbids it? (...) So if I see that a piano is falling from the seventh floor window right above you and I choose to say nothing -- letting you squash, that's OK? (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) Show me specifically where I said that their comments were politically motivated. I think I specifically said that a) they weren't speaking as Christian leaders, because they have no authority (that I recognize anyway) to speak on behalf of (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)

David Eaton wrote in message ... (...) that (...) posts (...) Actually, the original posts were about what is a life affirming set of morals (the one Larry accepted when it was presented to him). It took me awhile to explain it to you, and if you (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: From Harry Browne

(...) Of course, it was emotional. This is an emotionally charged subject. You'll have to pardon me, this was my first time posting to debate and I did not know that one of the rules was that you must leave your emotions at the door. (...) Actually (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) I'm not going to look back through all the notes you've written in response a note that I've written to find it, but I'm pretty sure that you responded that you would seek to change the law from within "the system" rather than breaking it, if (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) I do not conceed that that is a victiless crime. I'm sure their are "happy hookers", but a good deal of them are being exploited. (...) They are not _my_ values - they are those of the society I live. In your LP dreamland you impose your (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Mercy? (Was Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer)

(...) Who would accuse God or anyone of being too controlling if what happened could have been prevented? And who would say God is controlling in anyway now? You said yourself that bad men do bad things and some people enjoy doing bad things, god (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Detroit's woes, unaddressed by the Dems

(...) Yes, of course they do. And that's not always a bad thing except when it gets kinda rabidly slanted a particular way. I try to post stuff that is at least semi-objective from a huge variety of sources. Sure, some of it is just (...) (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) Fair enough. (...) Well, it is if the law hasn't even been contested before them yet! There is a process with which they apparently cannot be bothered. (...) Good question. I think he believed that judges would actually uphold the law of the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

More:  Next Page >>