 Off-Topic / Debate / 21166
Re: I think the 1st Ammendment was broken
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:55:29 GMT

   Telling a country that they can’t have a weapons program??

UN res 1441, among others.

   Telling Iraq that they couldn’t have a weapons progam was *not* the reason for this fiasco.

Actually, I think that is precisely the reason.

JOHN

No, the WoMD was--there was nothing in the res. that said that Iraqi’s couldn’t have, say, a factory producing bullets and rifles and such--that’s a weapons program...

“and such”, such as ballistic missiles (Scuds)?

   To deny a country the right to defend itself is just ludicrous.

If defense is the actual intent. Iraq was an aggressor, and to characterize it, especially with SH at the helm, as anything but is just ludicrous.

JOHN

Yeah, I seem to recall an arms buildup in “aggressive” Iraq to go invade the US... oh wait, it was the opposite.

Iraq wasn’t agressive at all--it was the US agressiveness--politically, economically, and militarity--agressive on all fronts--ramming this war thru no matter the cost or the consequences.

Deal with it. Deal with your lying president. Deal with the unjustified US agression. Deal with *every* reason given for this war to turn out to be based on fallacy and lies. Deal with the ineptitude of the CIA and the FBI. Deal with the removal of Constitutional rights in the name of ‘security’.

Deal with the idea that you have created more enemies than you got rid of--SH may be in ‘hiding’ and/or dead, but it turns out that the religious zealots want control of the newly ‘freed’ Iraq, and, further with this issue are the new generations of Middle Easterners who now have yet one more reason to dislike, maybe even hate the US.

Yep, nicely done.

Dave K