 Off-Topic / Debate / 21178
Re: I think the 1st Ammendment was broken
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 00:45:44 GMT

snip

   JOHN

Yeah, I seem to recall an arms buildup in “aggressive” Iraq to go invade the US... oh wait, it was the opposite.

No, it was Iraq invading Iran AND Kuwait. Busy, busy.

You’re going to bring up something that happened in “the last millenium”? And didn’t Dubya’s Pappy, with the world backing him up, mind you, take care of that? And did ‘aggrassive’ Iraq do anything *lately* that would cause outrage from the world such that the world would back a military action against it?

Nope.

   Iraq wasn’t agressive at all--it was the US agressiveness--politically, economically, and militarity--agressive on all fronts--ramming this war thru no matter the cost or the consequences.

What is the cost? Didn’t cost you a thing. We paid for it, and gladly so. The price for freedom was relatively cheap IMO. Consequences? Millions have been liberated? You have a problem with that?

You didn’t pay it gladly--I saw the protests, I read the issues--the US didn’t pay for this *gladly*. Maybe you, John Neal, paid for this fiasco gladly, but many of your fellow Americans didn’t. And saying Iraq is liberated is putting a political spin on it, doncha think? I hear the Iraqis want your armed forces to leave--they don’t feel ‘free’. Just because you freed them from their former oppressor, doesn’t mean you ‘freed’ them. Now they seem to be under your yoke o’ burden...

   Deal with it. Deal with your lying president. Deal with the unjustified US agression. Deal with *every* reason given for this war to turn out to be based on fallacy and lies. Deal with the ineptitude of the CIA and the FBI. Deal with the removal of Constitutional rights in the name of ‘security’.

Deal with the idea that you have created more enemies than you got rid of--SH may be in ‘hiding’ and/or dead, but it turns out that the religious zealots want control of the newly ‘freed’ Iraq, and, further with this issue are the new generations of Middle Easterners who now have yet one more reason to dislike, maybe even hate the US.

Deal with the fact that an evil dictator who was in control of one of the largest armies in the world is now deposed and 10,000,000s of people are liberated from his tyranny. The greater good has been served here, and history will look favorably upon this action.

JOHN

No, history will not look on this fiasco favourably. Middle east history is already being written in the wake of more terrorist attacks. American Revisionist history may placate you, but world history will look on this ill deed as it is--wrong and unjust.

The world didn’t stand with you because the world knew it for what it is--a warmongering, oil loving, president--look at all the news lately--“Iraq’s oil starting to flow within a few days”.

Yeah, forget the starving citizens, the shelled infrastructure--let’s get that black gold going to all the corporations who put Dubya and Cheney where they are today.

But you’ll just see the American Revisionism. It’s already starting to show--less talk of WoMD, which was *the* lead-up reason for this war, to “Look who we liberated--we’re vindicated!”

But revisionism only works for people who buy into it. The rest of us will strive for the truth.

Dave K