 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 801 – 820 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) I'd say that the actual start of our country is somewhat nebulous. I guess it feels good for us to say that it is 4 July 1776, but we had been effectively governing ourselves for some time at that point. Further, I think the adoption of the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Government's role [Was: Re: What happened?]

(...) You were assuring me that this wonderful democracy works to protect the lives of the citizens, I think. You said "I was talking more of a constitutional democracy, where the people have certain rights (a.k.a. Bill of Rights) and protection (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...

(...) The most damning part of this tale isn't given; was the woman sentenced or acquitted? (...) I appreciate your candor and your understanding of my skepticism. I still have trouble believing that the case could have been gagged or swept under (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: The big lie

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GJx8oE.2rq@lugnet.com... (...) Rights? (...) of (...) With regards to airport security, I would have thought you would want to leave it to the airlines to improve security? (...) (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Description vs. argument

(...) Oh...well if that's all it takes, then I can dispel your assertions by mentioning that there are a few blacks at the highest levels of US government too. Great. (...) them? Their rights did protect them. But bad men in the government -- the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights?

(...) A fine question! Off the top of my head I'd say that too general a framework (as I perceive Myers-Briggs to be) isn't much more useful than no framework at all. As you've correctly stated, the user needs to be aware of the limitations of the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) You are plainly false. The state does operate essentially mandatory concentration camps for children in which statist and religious propaganda are administered to the inmates. Technically those inmates do have the right to not participate in (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  Re: Uselessness of .debate

(...) rights, (...) valid, (...) What does that mean? :-) (...) to (...) then (...) Scott, I think that Larry meant you specifically, and others who behave similarly. I think that's clear. But at least his insult to you was thinly veiled. It would (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  Re: Jenin

(...) killed number 23, Palestinians killed number 54, 22 of which were civilians. Israelis wounded number 75, Palestinians wounded number 220. 49 Palestinians are missing. FWIW, I didn't notice any great explanation in the delays insisted on by the (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  Re: Libertarian SPAM (Propaganda)

(...) Do these poeple not all tend to group together in readiness for the day the FBI comes to get them and take away their rights? Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  Backlash in the making

Grassroots Uprising Fights to Protect Rights and Freedoms (URL) In October 2001, Congress passed the USA PATRIOT Act setting aside many of our individual freedoms for the sake of fighting terrorism. Since then, I've worried about what's happening to (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  Re: True Right Wing Fascists

(...) Right. And some christians are nazi fascists. You don't like being lumped in with them - that's all I'm saying. It's important to recognize the shades of distinction and not address people as if they represented all that was wrong with a (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) He is well within his rights to ask for a ban on something he dislikes. Unlike many calls-for-bans, however, he actually has valid points. (...) Well, because they are barely related, and certainly don't add anything to the community; in Jon's (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) It's pretty obvious what brands of religion are going to be the most concerned about this issue. And I don't feel like looking up all your past posts merely to discover that you ARE indeed some kind of christian, it is my assumption that you (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) My objection is to the use of the terms "activist judge" or "judicial activism" as short-hand subsitutions for actual debate. Too often Conservative pundits have decried judicial rulings as "activist" without presenting any legitimate (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  Re: Overview of Changes to Legal Rights

(...) I am curious as to how far along that bill is. I would find it very hard to believe that Congress would pass that. Even if they did, I would find it extremely hard to believe that the Supreme Court would NOT rule it unconstitutional. Blatant (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  Re: Gay Marriage

(...) I'm not sure why you're missing my point. I'm OK with any sort of union between any number of people (or, if in future other species are uplifted or discovered such that they can give informed consent) or other species as long as everyone (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  read this, then fight about it!

bill of no rights The following was written by State Representative Mitchell Kaye from Cobb County, GA. We, the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid any more riots, (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  More Election Bad News?

Looks like Proposal 2, a state amendment banning all forms of homosexual unions will be passed in Michigan: (URL) don't get it. Can't we have the word 'marriage' stricken from all our laws and legalese and replaced with the term "civil union", open (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

Also sprach Matt Hanson: : Divorce, in my opinion, ought to entail some sort of punishment on both : sides, to discourage the practice, or to make people think harder about : marriage. (another abused institution) Yeek. What you are asking for has a (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.014)

More:  Next Page >>