 Off-Topic / Debate / 17522
Re: Overview of Changes to Legal Rights
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:55:29 GMT

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-sept-11-legal-rights-glanc • e0905sep05.story

Not particularly heartening.

I am curious as to how far along that bill is.  I would find it very hard to
believe that Congress would pass that.  Even if they did, I would find it
extremely hard to believe that the Supreme Court would NOT rule it
unconstitutional.  Blatant attacks on freedom like that would likely start a
civil war. Yeah, there's something we all need. (Oh by the way, I was being
sarcastic.)

-Mike Petrucelli