 Off-Topic / Debate / 8718
Re: Description vs. argument
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 20:03:43 GMT

As does most of the world, up until a few years ago many still viewed this
homosexuality as a medical condition. Thankfully, those days have mostly
passed - so much so that homosexuality is not an issue. Indeed, there are a
few at the highest level of UK politics.

Oh...well if that's all it takes, then I can dispel your assertions by
mentioning that there are a few blacks at the highest levels of US government
too.  Great.

Or did you not have rather unsavoury "witch hunts"?

We did.

Why were they not free to be communists? Whay did there right not protect
them?

Their rights did protect them.  But bad men in the government -- the kind that
I wish to be armed in order to defend against -- usurpped their rights
unjustly.

While we are talking about education, when did
the US get rid of segregation in the education system?

Segregation based on what?  Skin tone?  Um...at least by 1600 in some • schools.
Why do you ask?

"some schools" is not all schools. Where segregation did exist, was the
level of education given equal to all?

I see.  So is it your position that a rigorous investigation of the UK could
not find schools which are fairly strictly segregated by ethnicity?  I don't
_know_ that you're wrong.  But I think so.

Parents should be able to decide to which school they will send their • children.
That decision could be based on the curricula, social and affective • handling,
rights issues, location, etc.  Parents should not dictate what schools teach
because schools should be private.

But you think it is OK for a school to have a "whites only" outlook?

OK?  that depends on what you mean.  I think it should be legal.  I wouldn't
send my kids there.

Not quite. I have shown that your system has allowed persecution of
communists and school children based on the colour of their skin.

Right.  Everybody's system has persecuted people.  And this isn't my darned
system anyway.  Remember?  I'm the disenfranchised nut with the guns!

I have shown you that I have/had freedoms that you do not - but you
still claim to be freer than me?

Oh...I get it...sort of.  At least I understand where our communication is
missing.  You think that you've pointed to freedoms that you have and I don't.
What were they again?  I'm not sure how that ties into communist or negro
persecution.

Chris