 Off-Topic / Debate / 8719
Re: Problems with Christianity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 20:10:35 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

<Junk Science>

First, with out defining it crisply, you do (sort of) know what I mean and
agree that it's a good idea to avoid it, right?

In this neck of the woods one will more often hear a reference to "pseudoscience"
or perhaps even sophistry; that is, arguments which generally appear reasonably
plausable, logical or convincing at a surface or superficial level, yet fall to
pieces under closer examination. If one is not careful about applying proper
scientific method to one's science, one can also be accused of pseudoscience.

Jennifer Clark