 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 461 – 480 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) So if we declare nuetrality and state that anyone whom attacks the U.S. will be wiped off the planet that would accomplish that goal. (...) See above. (...) Hmm. Protecting our way of life huh? You mean like ignoring the bill of rights. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.837)

  The Hidden Costs (was Re: It's All About Control)

(...) Wal-Mart Wars (URL) WOULD YOU LIKE a Wal-Mart "supercenter" store to move into your community? Think of the low prices and the convenience of one-stop shopping! You just park once and get whatever you need -- groceries, drugs, plants, toys, (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 0.837)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) Uh-huh. You have a link for that, John? I thought not...There is no proof to support any such allegations. That lack of proof is the very issue under discussion. The president spoke in terms of dead certainties and has come up empty-handed. (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.837)

  Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment

(...) Yuck. The only checks on the media should be free market and property rights. (...) Protection against libel is a property right. (...) Things like autopsy photos should be adequately protected by property rights. The family most certainly has (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.837)

  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

(...) Again, from Dictionary.com: col·lect1 (k-lkt) v. col·lect·ed, col·lect·ing, col·lects v. tr. 1. To bring together in a group or mass; gather. 2. To accumulate as a hobby or for study. 3. To call for and obtain payment of: collect taxes. 4. To (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.836)

  The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen United States of America

Action of Second Continental Congress, July 4, 1776 The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen United States of America WHEN in the Course of human Events, it becomes necessary for one People to dissolve the Political Bands which have connected them (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.835)

  Re: Possession

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:HGrsA7.BA2@lugnet.com... (...) animated (...) own it (...) friend (...) seeing as (...) the (...) A fascinating case. Personally, I say you own it since you payed money for it, but I (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.835)

  Re: It's All About Control (was: Re: Possession)

(...) I am not nostalgic in the least -- I calls them as I sees them. Mom and Pop may have been inefficient, but so ultimately is ANY "bricks 'n' mortar" location except as a distribution center. For many things it is becoming increasingly clearer (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.833)

  It's All About Control (was: Re: Possession)

(...) Here is a great example of some profound fundamental differences between the Right and Left. Anytime you talk of "implementing" something, what you really mean is for the government to take it over and control it. That in my mind is not the (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.833)

  Re: Reagan... not exactly libertarian, but close

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: "Ka-snip" (...) (freedom). (...) I profoundly disagree. It is liberals who are anti-freedom. Liberals are the ones trying to tax and regulate anything that moves. You are confusing freedom and (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.833)

  Re: Nature of rights? (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) Being the relative moralist that I am, I'll push that one step further and say I don't believe there *are* "natural" or "fundamental" rights. It's a moral definition humans create based on an emotional response. Perhaps, however, there are (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.833)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) Hmm, since we've been playing with taking interpretations to extremes to see how they work out, a technique which I wholeheartedly endorse... - Can you justify your ownership of anything metal? The metal was "found". - Can you justify your (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.832)

  Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

Ok, I noticed something odd while mulling over the topic on my way home last night... While I admitted elsewhere that I agree to a certain degree of immorality for eating meat, but that it was negligible, I'm actually not sure that's the case-- at (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.832)

  Re: Validity testing (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) Disagree that this is an application of such. Let us postulate that I own clear title to a piece of real property for the sake of what follows, to avoid the (legitimate, in my view) questions of was might involved in acquiring title. These (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.832)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) I'm okay with idea of abortion as the killing of a living thing, but not as murder. Murder can be defined as "the unlawful killing of another person." I deny that a foetus is a person with rights under the law. The foetus is not independent, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.832)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) Protection through deterrence. Ask any criminal whom they would rather robb-- an armed person or an unarmed person. Of course it's true that guns can be lethal-- that is precisely why they are effective deterrents. (...) You are assuming that (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.831)

  Orrin Hatch: Software Pirate?

Orrin Hatch: Software Pirate? (URL) Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) suggested Tuesday that people who download copyright materials from the Internet should have their computers automatically destroyed. But Hatch himself is using unlicensed software on his (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.831)

  Jurisdiction and Hypocrisy

Belgium Gets War Crimes Cases Against Bush/Blair (URL) BRUSSELS - Belgium said on Thursday it had received lawsuits against President Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair under a controversial war crimes law. But it said it had forwarded the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.831)

  Re: Yahoo Sucks

(...) If you care, just today Yahoo deleted my e-mail and Geocities account and web page, for no apparant reason. They claim I have violated their TOS, but I am certain I have not. Unless they refer to the fact that on my links page, I have placed (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.831)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) "Koresh wannabe" ??? Oh, get over yourself. Koresh was innocent of anything except bad judgement in thinking that he and his followers could peaceably coexist in the local community, and bad judgement in thinking that because he had good (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.831)

More:  Next Page >>