 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 441 – 460 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Response to Misinformation (Some other perspectives on the tragedy)

(...) Actually, I think the notion of ownership of real estate is corrupt not only because we can't possibly track it back to an original "fair" owner and then trace it forward to who ought to own it (for the most part), but also because I think (...) (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.029)

  Re: Amway/Quixtar/MLMs

(...) One thing which to my mind makes property tax supported schools at least somewhat palatable is that in most parts of the country you do have at least some choice as to how much property tax you will pay, and what kind of school system (of (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.029)

  Re: stuff (was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <388E2BFD.FB5B993@vo...er.net>... (...) Interesting, I guess either of two cases would apply: 1. They're trespassers. I guess the property owner is responsible for dealing with the bodies (though his community (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.029)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

(...) So don't bother trying at all, eh? Is there any way to prove your notion, Tom? I think America could at least TRY to ban all handguns, for heaven's sake. And make penalties stiffer for people, namely criminals, found with guns. I really hate (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.029)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) I have no problem at all with such a request. My answer is "do it yourself, ya lazy B'stard", of course. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'free goods', though. BTW, I've been meaning to ask you, how do you feel about intellectual (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.029)

  Re: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?

(...) [snip] (...) This is an interesting point. Maybe the things that animals do resemble our rights cloely enough that we could sometimes call them rights. The dominant chicken (almost always a rooster, if one is present) does have the right to (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.028)

  Re: Nature of rights? (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) So you really do believe that ability == right. Why even use the word right instead of ability? Ability has no confusing connotations to other members of society, after all. (...) This I won't buy. I just zipped over to dictionary.com to show (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.028)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) Yep, sort of like all those "Promotional Use Only" CDs and LPs floating around in used bins the world over that "legally" remain the property of the record companies and can't be resold. Doug (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.028)

  Re: Skin (was: Re: Once again, etc.)

(...) Great idea. Teach your children well and all that. Not seeing the connection to drug laws or public nudity laws though. (...) Eh, what? ... (was dozing off for a sec, this all seems familiar to me somehow) Oh! Yes! Morality, inasmuch as it (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.028)

  Re: Drugs and guns

(...) :-) (...) The smiley was meant (though obviously unsuccessfully) to point to my silly irony and indicate that such a result would _not_ be the best possible outcome. But I do think that it would be the outcome of a gun ban in the US. And I (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.028)

  Re: 'Lego Ban' at Seattle School Fueled by Anti-Private Property Crusaders

(...) Right! Anyone should be allowed to walk into your home, treat your house with disrespect, and call you evil when you object. (...) Of course, because civil engineering has taught us that all humans of every culture fit very neatly and easily (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.028)

  Re: From Richard: "It's all bad news - Chaos is my fault"

(...) I see in this post this suggestion advanced again. I think I have seen it before. It goes well with this one that John prepared earlier: (...) I mentioned that I saw a structure and underlying logic in some of Scott's posts, and felt bad for (...) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.028)

  Re: Nature of rights? (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) I'd go farther than speculating, I'd assert it, unless someone can prove that some specific animals do reason morally, in which case I'd consider that we might want to consider them as "human" rather than "merely" animal. (a tangential SF (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.028)

  Re: Brick Testament in Trouble?

(...) I think the issue is one of *propriety ownership*. The "minifig" image is intellectual property of TLC and a direct reflection of their brand, and we all know how protective TLC is about their brand (rightly and justifiably so). If they see (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

all, property
(score: 3.028)

  Re: Canadian Tax!

Richard, you need to be sure you're comparing apples with apples. If you scroll down in that Fraser Institute tax calc page you'll find this: (...) So you are not just looking at income tax here, and to truly compare with the UK you'll need to add (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.028)

  Re: Copyright/Fair use question

(...) Maybe he's broke. Maybe he likes it enough to check it out, but not enough to procure a copy. Maybe it would be useful, but not useful enough to pay the asking price. Incidentally, I once searched for a way to pay a shareware producer ~$20 (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.028)

  Re: Laws about sex.... (was something else)

(...) And this is something we need to be extremely carefull of. Anyone can become a suspect. Probing of suspects (and witnesses) must be based on careful documentation of the expectation of finding something. Extreme care must also be taken to keep (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.028)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

(...) Well, if he's wrong then say so. I distinctly remember Kevin on numerous occasions mentioning something to the extent of "well, the less attention we make TLG pay to the scans site the better" - basically, like in the case of the loser selling (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

all, property
(score: 3.028)

  Re: Taxes from Lego auctions?

Whoa, whoa... (...) This, above, has almost NOTHING to do with interest. It so happens that I agree with some (most? almost all?) of your points(1). I'd prefer that my money be issued by a private bank, and backed by something tangible, instead of (...) (25 years ago, 25-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.028)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) It is because I'm getting bored with your dislike of democracy. Bored. After I read your last post I remembered this point: "Democracy is just an euphemism for mob rule, where two lions and a sheep vote on the dinner, and there should instead (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 3.028)

More:  Next Page >>