 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 3481 – 3500 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Color trends in industry

(...) I'm thinking it's (URL) not> since I knew someone (friend of a friend) who did exactly this. Either that or I'm pretty gullible. Or both. (...) You seriously think that this sort of discussion doesn't happen? Planned Obsolescence has been (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Color trends in industry

(...) Let me get this straight - a bunch of people pay money to join an organization that tells me what colors I want? Huh?? This is either the most brilliant science ever, or it's a bunch of hooey. I'm thinking it's (URL) hooey!> This kind of stuff (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Color trends in industry

(...) Color is big business, so it's no real suprise. And color plays a important part in the appeal of a product. I've had friends go through art school and within the first two years, you take several color theory classes; to the point where (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.color, FTX)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) Some of my friends introduced me to a family that they met after moving to NYC, where the mother is Canadian, the father is from New Zealand, and the kids were both born in the US, thus affording both kids triple-citizenship...until they turn (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Geography (was: We'll take in your poor....)

(...) Have you ever lived in Kansas? ;) (...) Exactly. And to many Americans, knowing the geography of your neighboring States is roughly equivalent to knowing the geography of neighboring nations in Western Europe. The big difference is that most (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) I think I say this once every few years, but it's worth repeating every so often--when it comes right down to it, no matter what gets said here in a rant or a tiff or a tirade, people here (in o.t-d, and also elsewhere on LUGNET) are great! (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) No, but then, the elections are rigged against minor parties anyway, so really, what does it matter what we think? What matters is what the media and the major parties think, right? If you're going to bet on a rigged race, it helps to know who (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) Uh, Dave, you're appear to be talking to yourself and you're making even less sense than usual. (Just kidding. Please don't hit me.) Unless I missed the major event, or the election was already cancelled, (there's nothing about it in the news (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Not particularly on topic for .debate but what the heck( was Re: Geography

Nations (in order, to the best of my ability): West Germany, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, East Germany, Poland, Czechoslovakia, England, Denmark, Austria, United States, Mexico, Canada, Jamaica I have driven, as an adult, on my own, and (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) I object to that on the grounds that while Bush was understandably interested in keeping the vote in his favor, Gore only presented an alternative that was decidedly biased in his favor (selectively recounting only known pro-Dem counties in a (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) As if this isn't a set-up... Some 'leaked' info about 'maybe postphoning' the election in the event of some sort of threat/attack. So soften up the ground before Nov., then "Oh, we raised the threat to red, we have to postphone the election." (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) Well, when I first mentioned the hypothetical, it was *my* hypothetical, and now that the powers-that-be are addressing it, I'm becoming more concerned. My reasons for this are several: 1. Special elections tend to favor the Right wing, due to (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Geography (was: We'll take in your poor....)

(...) Look for the place with no elevation contours. :-) (...) What? False!!! Sam traveled Middle-earth from Mordor to the Grey Havens, something very few in Middle-earth could say that they had done. Now his old Gaffer, Hamfast, is given away by (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: We'll take in your poor, your homeless, your oppressed...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote: <snip> (...) There's a debatable issue for you--if Pearl Harbor never happened, would the Americans have 'officially' entered WW2 at all? I mean, the Allies didn't know Hitler was murdering the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message news:I0ny3F.F5E@lugnet.com... (...) easier than (...) the (...) where (...) If it's (...) the US (...) without (...) single (...) the (...) failing to (...) of (...) Hmm, I think I could (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: We'll take in your poor, your homeless, your oppressed...

(...) Dejure. "consent of the governed" and all that... It may defacto have a lot of guns though. (...) Only if you can escape, and your former co citizens (or properly employed police) don't come find you and remand you back into custody. I don't (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: We'll take in your poor, your homeless, your oppressed...

(...) Yeah. You know, this whole topic would be easier if one of two things would happen: either privatize the armed services -- eliminating any need to deal with this kind of situation any differently than any other contractual obligation, or (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: We'll take in your poor, your homeless, your oppressed...

(...) They need to know that it's flawed intelligence before they can choose to ignore it on that basis. Last I checked the UN doesn't have a spy department, and SH was refusing access to their more direct information gathering services, like (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: Fair use and allusion?

(...) Oh that's simple then--there's the base line right there! We can kick at the ant hill all we want and so long as the ants don't come and attack us directly, then things are honkey dory! We can get the hornets all nice and angry by throwing (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.323)

  Re: We'll take in your poor, your homeless, your oppressed...

(...) I'm not suggesting, nor making any statement, that Saddam's actions are just. I'm questioning whether the USA's actions were just. Or rather, specifically, wondering why you think they were "not unjust." (...) I'm speaking hypthetically as (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.323)

More:  Next Page >>