 Off-Topic / Debate / 24768
Re: Not particularly on topic for .debate but what the heck( was Re: Geography
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:03:48 GMT

Nations (in order, to the best of my ability):

West Germany, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, East Germany, Poland,
Czechoslovakia, England, Denmark, Austria, United States, Mexico, Canada,
Jamaica

I have driven, as an adult, on my own, and gotten out and done stuff in all the
US States except: Hawaii, Alaska, North Dakota, Louisiana and Mississippi.
(I'll pick up North Dakota later this year or next.)  I've been to DC, but not
PR.

I've likewise driven through: Quebec, Ontario, and British Columbia (mostly
Ontario).

Furthest North: Copenhagen at 55.69N
Furthest South: Port Antonio, Jamaica at 18.16N
Furthest West: Cape Blanco, OR at 124.56W (I think)
Furthest East: Vienna at 16.34E (I think)

In another bit of trivia, I went to this list:

http://www.census.gov/population/documentation/twps0027/tab22.txt

looking for metropolitan areas I haven't been in. Starting at the top, I had to
go to #44 (Honolulu) before I found one I hadn't been in.

I've not been to #10 (San Antonio), but the next one that I haven't been in is
#24 (New Orleans) after which they get common.

Chris