 Off-Topic / Debate / 24805
Re: Question for the Conservatives out there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 07:31:42 GMT

I disagree. David K is eminently qualified to be Prez, after all, he's a
faithful West Wing watcher.

He is??? ;-)  Hmmm, is "TV watcher" considered a qualification for the
presidency by Libertarians?

No, but then, the elections are rigged against minor parties anyway, so
really, what does it matter what we think? What matters is what the media and
the major parties think, right? If you're going to bet on a rigged race, it
helps to know who is doing the rigging.

I see that {employment} isn't;-)

Not ever being gainfully employed by the private sector in a meaningful way
certainly didn't hold back any of our current major party candidates.

That right there makes him more qualified than
our current incumbent (who I suspect may not be able to turn televisions
on  without assistance)...

You know, that's not as easy as it sounds these days.  I don't watch much
TV, but when I am at a friend's house and I see the 4 or 5 remotes on the
coffee table, it makes me long for the Clapper®!

I hear that. I have to have my kids work the DVD player for me, I just can't
be bothered to remember all the buttons for the once in a while that I watch
anything...

I think I say this once every few years, but it's worth repeating every so
often--when it comes right down to it, no matter what gets said here in a rant
or a tiff or a tirade, people here (in o.t-d, and also elsewhere on LUGNET) are
great!

Out of the various interests I have, and the various newsgroups I read, and out
of the various people I interact with on this weird and wonderful thing we call
the internet, you guys are first rate.

This little part of the thread made me smile, in a 'we're all just good friends
here' kinda way.

Thanks.

Dave K
-who only owns 1 remote