 Off-Topic / Debate / 24806
Re: Question for the Conservatives out there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:18:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Laswell wrote:

   which would mean that the only Canadian citizens that would be eligible until 35 years after Canada’s theoretical annexation would be those born with multi-national citizenship between Canada and the US (and they could be eligible anyways, as long as they met the other requirements).

The US doesn’t recognize dual citizenship. It’s a bit of a scam because they do sort of look the other way, but it is possible for the US to retroactively negate your citizenship if they find that you have also claimed Canadian (or any) citizenship in addition. A friend of mine bears dual citizenship between the two and has thoroughly researched these possibilities.

Chris