 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 3321 – 3340 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Atheism (was: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution)

(...) For a thorough debunking of the "infinite monkeys" myth, I recommend Richard Dawkins' book "The Blind Watchmaker," which gives a great explanation of why that model is flawed as a representation of evolution or of the origins of life. Beyond (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Gay Marriages/Domestic Partnerships and the IRS

I'd like to hear your opinions on gay marriage/Domestic Partnerships. In America, where we have freedom of religion, should the church have any say in what constitutes a marriage? Should those in gay marriages/domestic partnerships be allowed the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.327)

  Re: Atheism (was: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution)

(...) What is the nature of this relationship? Do you and God go out for pizza together? Who picks up the check? My example is admittedly facetious, but the underlying question is sound. Do you consider yourself to have a "relationship" with anyone (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?

(...) Well... I have terrorist minifigs as the Global Islamic Liberation Front. (URL) terrorism is not "romanticized" as they tend to get butt-kicked by the Chinese like here... (also my super-tank is bullying that dark gray Panzer) hehe. (URL) not (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?

Hello! A few minutes ago I stumbled accross this folder: (URL) "aircraft of the new german reich" Following the Up button in the folder thread I also found this: (URL) of Vereinigte Faschistische Staaten des Neues Reichs" And I wonder: What on earth (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: Atheism (was: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution)

(...) In the face of inconsistent sunrise results, you might decide that the celestial mechanics were invalid and that you cannot prove whether the sun will rise tomorrow, thus being agnostic. If the results were consistently wrong, you would just (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: World's Smallest Political Quiz

"Scott A" <dr_scott_arthur@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:I2LoEK.15Cw@lugnet.com... (...) leanings (...) lot (...) Or you could say "oops, that information is outdated". (...) It could be slanted by any nuimber of factors. The point of the quiz (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Where did he go? I guess John's brain must have self-destructed when faced with the undeniable truth. So what I want to know now is, if nobody can step up to the plate and defend Bush, who exactly are all these people who answer polls stating (...) (20 years ago, 15-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: Atheism (was: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution)

(...) Absence of faith in something leads to faith in nothing. If you didn't understand rudimentary celestial mechanics, you would continue on with no faith that _tomorrow_ that sun was just not going to rise. Every time someone told you that (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: World's Smallest Political Quiz

(...) That would involve admitting that an error was made... (...) Try this search: (URL) you'll find some cites that do indicate that we spend a lot of our GNP on healhcare, for instance this one (URL) this one (URL) these sorts of studies seem to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: Atheism (was: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution)

(...) A very big question in few words! The relationship is multi-faceted and includes the following things: Saviour: how you relate to someone who has saved your life by sacrificing theirs. Father: including support, protection, provision and love. (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) You have (URL) already>: "...so I can't really put into words why he's got my vote so far. Probably it's the war thing. I'd rather see someone decisive than a panderer as president right now." Being “decisive” is only good if one is making the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Yeah me too. Well I spose all the IMPORTANT stuff is already packed. And I do still have 16 hours till the plane leaves.... (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) I'd love to see a return to the tradition of Scandinavian Moots, where before each meeting of the governing body, they had to recite every law from memory. Can't remember them all? Just don't feel like repeating them all before you can move on (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) I'd start by correllating success in life as measured by the normal societal values: level of education, income, marital stability, etc. as well as psychological problems (including substance abuse, depression, etc), medical problems, (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: Atheism (was: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution)

(...) I meant a little of both. Some denominations are less tied up in religious rituals than others (RCA vs Roman Catholicism, for instance), and just because you don't follow a particular denomination doesn't mean that you don't have your own (...) (20 years ago, 15-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.326)

  Re: Atheism (was: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution)

(...) I would question whether you mean "religion" or "God" here. Faith in religion is what I call "Churchianity". It's no better than superstition, like athletes who always go through the same routine before the race starts. As a Christian, I have (...) (20 years ago, 14-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.326)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Sure, but that's not the entirety of what I've outlined. My example is still a 93:7 ratio of government machinery:benefits delivered. (...) What happens when Badnarik gets in(1)? Will all taxes be wiped away with a stroke of his pen? Obviously (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.326)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) No, that's a perfectly valid concern to bear in mind. All routes for corrupt data should be considered even if only to recognize the potential flaws when the study is published. Chris (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.326)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

(...) Heh! I see your wishful thinking! However, 1 Timothy 3:2 says: "Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife,..." and 1 Timothy 3:12 says: "A deacon must be the husband of but one wife..." (both NIV). This probably (...) (20 years ago, 14-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.326)

More:  Next Page >>