 Off-Topic / Debate / 25343
Re: World's Smallest Political Quiz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 02:59:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Neb Okla wrote:

"Scott A" <dr_scott_arthur@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

I know I'm more likely to ask conservative friends with Libertarian leanings
to take the quiz (which might account for the reason that there are a lot
more Libertarians than Right-Conservatives).  Still, I wouldn't call the
Libertarian segment an "overwhelming majority".

Please check the date on the site I cited.

Or you could say "oops, that information is outdated".

That would involve admitting that an error was made...

+ Did you know that the worlds best healthcare system (France) is state run, and
that your private one is the world's most inefficient?

I'd like to see some figures to back up those claims.

Try this search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=GNP+spent+on+healthcare+by+country&btnG=Google+Search

and you'll find some cites that do indicate that we spend a lot of our GNP on
healhcare, for instance this one

http://www.chiff.com/a/HLFH703cost.htm

or this one

http://members.shaw.ca/tfrisen/which_is_the_better_health_care_.htm

and these sorts of studies seem to be the sort trotted out when the inefficiency
charge is laid... (1)

but you'll also find this cite:

http://www.mackinac.org/5880

which, however, I expect not a lot of the readership here (especially Scott!) is
going to take seriously, see their about page:

http://www.mackinac.org/article.asp?ID=1663

Neb, you have a tough row to hoe here, I wish you all the best, but don't expect
too much.

1 - personally I think we DO have an ineffecient system, at least from a
structural point of view, it's the worst of both systems mishmashed together.