 Off-Topic / Debate / 25328
Re: World's Smallest Political Quiz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 04:32:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Neb Okla wrote:

"Scott A" <dr_scott_arthur@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Neb Okla wrote:
Just out of curiosity, according to this quiz, where are you on the
political spectrum?

http://www.self-gov.org/quiz.html

To be sure, the quiz doesn't attempt to discern what *party* people are in -
just where they are on the political spectrum overall.

It has me pegged at the top of the Libertarian section with a
Personal/Economic score of 100/100.

Is it me, or are these questions loaded? ;)

Obviously if you agree with all of the questions then you will be listed as
a Libertarian - but so far out of the 25 or so friends I've tested it seems
to pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Did you come out with results you didn't expect or something?

Neb, you're not the first person to mention that particular "outreach tool"
here, and so you're not the first person to get that question from Scott, or
others.

It's asked and answered (as anyone can demonstrate for themselves if they want
to search...(1) But to reiterate: Of course they are! It's an outreach tool! But
that doesn't mean the results aren't nevertheless predictive and useful and
thoguht provoking, at least in some cases.

1 - Try this search
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?q=worlds+smallest+political+quiz
or this post from it
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=1523