 Off-Topic / Debate / 25318
Re: Preaching to the Choir
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:03:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Chris Phillips wrote:
   So what I want to know now is, if nobody can step up to the plate and defend Bush, who exactly are all these people who answer polls stating that they intend to vote for the guy? It makes me think that all those polls are being conducted on electronic voting machines with no paper record.

Well, since you used me as example last week, I suppose I should confirm that yes, I’m still planning to vote for Bush. However, I’m not going to defend my choice here.

You have already: “...so I can’t really put into words why he’s got my vote so far. Probably it’s the war thing. I’d rather see someone decisive than a panderer as president right now.

Being “decisive” is only good if one is making the correct decisions. As for pandering, take a look at Bush’s links with The Saudis, Sharon and Big Business... all of which has added to the threat to you...

Scott A

   Others far more articulate than I are doing a much better job of that elsewhere, if you look in the right places.

Chris, if you want more insight into my decision, we could possibly discuss it in person at some nelug event before the election.

Have fun,

Don